Effective December 1, 2021
The Åcahand Foundation (Acahand.org) is the “data controller” of personal data collected by the GM, and the Åcahand Foundation is responsible for deciding how personal data is collected, used, and disclosed.
We collect information you provide directly to us, information from third parties, and information that we collect through automated means. For example, we collect:
Registration information for charities and organizations who create and run campaigns, enter a promotion, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform, such as your first name and last name and email address.
Transaction information you provide when you request information, contact us, create a Campaign, or make a Contribution to a charity or Campaign.
Information we obtain from a third party, such as a site or platform provider, about use of our applications on third-party platforms or devices.
Location information, including location information provided by a mobile or other device interacting with one of our sites or applications, or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information.
Activity information about your use of our sites and applications, such as the content you view or share, how often you use our services, and your preferences.
Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms, or open emails we send, including your browser or device type, unique device identifier, and IP address.
An account is not required for using our site. You may Contribute to a Charity or Campaign as a User by providing only a name and email address.
We collect information you provide to us when you purchase products, respond to surveys, or otherwise interact with us online or offline.
We collect information through a variety of technologies, including cookies, Flash cookies, pixels, tags, software development kits, application program interfaces, and Web beacons, including when you visit our sites or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms using one or more devices, whether you are logged in or registered.
We collect information using analytics tools, including when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms.
We may at times acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided, or we collected automatically, such as when we validate postal address information using third party services. Applicable law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
Consistent with applicable law and choices and controls that may be available to you, we may use information collected from you, or from devices associated with you, to:
• To enable us to provide you with our Services, and to improve and promote our Services;
• Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information or request feedback about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies.
• Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services.
• Personalize content and experiences.
• Provide you with targeted advertising based on your activity on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications.
• Operate, understand, optimize, develop, or improve our sites, applications, products, services, and operations, including by performing User market research and using analytics tools.
• Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
• We may aggregate and/or anonymize any information collected through the Service so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/Anonymous Information”). We may use Aggregate/Anonymous Information for any purpose and share such data with any third parties, including advertisers.
We will share your information in the following ways:
• When you Contribute to a Campaign, so that the Charity administrator can send you information, provide you with a receipt, customer service, conduct market research, and comply with our Additional Terms and policies.
• Please note that once we share your personal information with a Charity administrator, the information received by the administrator is controlled by that company and becomes subject to the administrator’s privacy practices.
• When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites.
• Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company is controlled by that company and becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
• When companies perform services on our behalf, like marketing and advertising, and customer service; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law; and
On the basis of implied or express consent, such as to send you certain information, including marketing communications, to share your information with partners when you have requested, we do that, or to collect and process your information for research purposes if you have Contributed to a Campaign, or otherwise agreed; or
For our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others such as to ensure the security of our Sites, operate and improve our business and our Sites, respond to your questions, engage in certain marketing, make, and receive payments, comply with our legal obligations, prevent fraud, conduct analysis, enforce our Terms, engage in a business change (e.g., sale, merger), to know User to whom we are providing the Service, and to create anonymous data.
To protect the vital interests of the individual or others. For example, we may collect or share personal data to help resolve an urgent medical situation.
People under 18 (or the legal age in your jurisdiction) are not permitted to use the GM on their own. The GM does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 and children under 13 are not permitted to register for an account or use our Services. If you believe that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at https://acahand.org/contact/. If we become aware that a child under age 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we’ll delete it.
We do not knowingly process data of EU residents under the age of 16 without parental consent. If we become aware that we have collected data from an EU resident under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as quickly as possible. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.
 “Personally Identifiable Information” refers to personally identifiable information, as that term is defined under all applicable law.